Assistant to the President & Operations Coordinator
We’re looking to hire an Assistant to the President & Operations Coordinator to work directly with the President, Owner and Founder of the company, assisting him in all areas of the business while also helping to coordinate the various operations across our different business units. This is an incredible opportunity for anyone who wants to learn how the classical music industry operates at the highest levels, and advance your career in a variety of potential directions.
Unison Media, based in New York City, is a market-leading, integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera and the performing arts can be promoted. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing. We work with a broad range of incredible artists, ensembles and organizations, and have a great time doing it. We also have a sister non-profit, Death of Classical, that presents concerts in Crypts, Catacombs, Cemeteries and more, and has been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue.
Unison is expanding! We’re looking to hire an Assistant to the President & Operations Coordinator to work directly with the President, Owner and Founder of the company, assisting him in all areas of the business while also helping to coordinate the various operations across our different business units.
You will gain massive exposure and experience with:
- Unison Media’s award-winning publicity and social media work, with classical & opera artists and institutions
- Unison’s newly-launched, industry-leading website creation product for artists
- Death of Classical, our sister non-profit that is re-shaping the classical performance industry, producing highly-innovative, critically-acclaimed concerts in Crypts, Catacombs, and more.
This role will help shape all three of these areas, and will play a vital part in accelerating Unison’s already-stratospheric growth. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, resourceful, and organized, with magnificent communication skills and the desire to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone who wants to learn how the classical music industry operates at the highest levels, offering a chance to dive deep into what makes our world tick, interact with the movers-and-shakers of the scene, and ultimately to rapidly learn, grow, and advance your career in a variety of potential directions.
To apply, please submit a brief but awesome cover letter, plus your finest resumé, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DETAILS & COMPENSATION
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits to match qualifications and experience. We have an office in Brooklyn, NY, and this position would be in-person.
- Adaptability, and a desire to learn new skills – You should be a resourceful self-starter. We are not your granddaddy’s PR firm - we incorporate a unique mix of traditional and digital media strategies and tactics that have brought us to the top of the industry in a few short years. We’re part of the future, and as such, we pivot and adapt in the directions where we find growth. If you want a 9-5 desk job doing the thing on repeat every day until oblivion sets in…then look elsewhere, friend.
- Organizational, process-driven approach - This is a job that will spend time in the guts of our organization, and so you need to be someone who will get excited by the structure, workflows, and systems that lie underneath our ground-breaking work - after all, you’ll be helping to change and build them!
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment - At Unison, we stay on your toes, keep our heads on a swivel, and we’re always ready to dance where others would slouch.
- A supportive heart and a helping hand - Initially, a significant portion of the job will be assisting the President of the company in every area of his work - so you will need to be comfortable in a support role where the top goal is helping take things off his hands and keep him sane!
- Glorious communication skills - you’ll be dealing with some of the most important people in our industry, so you should be an absolute heart-bursting joy to interact with, and should be capable of nuanced, delicate written and verbal communications.
- Laser-like attention to detail - You should be person who catches the little things that other people miss, especially when it comes to proofreading (did you catch the missing “the” at the start of this sentence? Good. Good for you.).
- Tech-savvy - We're cutting-edge and you should be too, a familiarity with all things digital and media-oriented are a must, or you should at least be a quick study.
- Education and experience - No matter your level of formal education is, you should be wicked smaht, and have at least some kind of relevant professional experience (we’re open to creative interpretations of the word “relevant” here!).
- Knowledge of Classical Music and Opera – You should also know who Schubert is, and you should know the difference between a violin and a viola (i.e. not just calling them “violin and bigger, weirder violin”).
- A passion for the performing arts and general aesthetics - We work to bring beauty to a world that desperately needs it, so if that doesn't excite you then you're in the wrong place.