Website Content Manager
We’re looking to hire a Website Creation Manager to oversee our rapidly-expanding website development and design wing, making sites for artists and organizations. This role does NOT require you to have extensive coding experience – a basic understanding of CSS is helpful but not strictly necessary. We’re more looking for someone who just loves building beautiful websites, has a fantastic eye for design and detail, and enjoys telling a story through the creation of a site. You also need to be a people person, as you’ll deal directly with the clients throughout the discovery and development process.
Unison Media, based in New York City, is a market-leading, integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera and the performing arts can be promoted. Our mission is to tell a better story about classical music, and to help artists and arts organizations bring more beauty into the world. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing. We also have a sister nonprofit (Death of Classical) that presents in aCrypt in Harlem and a Catacomb in Brooklyn, that have been featured every where from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue. We work with a broad range of incredible artists, ensembles and organizations, and we have a great time doing it.
Unison is expanding! We’re looking to hire a Website Creation Manager to oversee our rapidly-expanding website development and design wing, making sites for artists and organizations using our custom-built website platform. This role does NOT require you to have extensive coding experience – a basic understanding of CSS is helpful but not strictly necessary. We’re more looking for someone who just loves building beautiful websites, has a fantastic eye for design and detail, and enjoys telling a story through the creation of a site. You also need to be a people person, as you’ll deal directly with the clients throughout the discovery and development process.
To apply, please submit a brief but awesome cover letter, plus your finest resumé, to email@example.com.
DETAILS & COMPENSATION
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits to match qualifications and experience. We have an office in Brooklyn, NY, though this position can also be fully remote if preferred.
- Designing and populating content for new websites using our custom platform
- Updating existing websites across our platform, and various others like Wordpress, Squarespace, Webflow, Wix (with guidance)
- Guiding clients through the discovery process, including building quotes and closing deals for their new sites.
- Managing freelance developers, content entry team, systems administrators, and other third party contractors.
- Education & Experience - Bachelor's degree plus minimum three years of relevant experience. You should be wicked smaht.
- Website development skillz – You should love the logic, structure, and beauty of a well-crafted website, and it’s a plus if you know CSS too. HTML is always fun too, but not necessary for our site building needs.
- Masterful sense of design – You should be like the Picasso of web design – a flair for eye-catching visuals, confident typography, and the ability to make anything you touch look like magic.
- Laser-like attention to detail - You should be person who catches the little things that other people miss, especially when it comes to proofreading (did you catch the missing “the” at the start of this sentence? Good. Good for you.)
- Hyper-efficiency - you should get a thrill out of doing things in the quickest way possible. If you like keyboard shortcuts, you're going to do very well here
- Borderline-obsessive organization - Do you enjoy checking tasks off of your to do list? Does the word "workflow" perk your ears? You’re in the right place.
- Ability to multi-task - You're going to be keeping a lot of plates spinning at the same time, and you need to be comfortable staying on top of everything and keeping several different projects in your mind all at once
- Resourcefulness – Every day will present new adventures and challenges, and while you’ll have plenty of support in all that you do, we want someone who can learn how to learn, and become ever more capable of meeting future challenges on their own. Basically you should be like the classical music MacGyver (too young for the reference? Google it.)
- Insanely great communication skills - It should be a giddy pleasure to interact with you. People should jump out of bed each morning with a dizzying anticipation at the thought of hearing your sweet, sweet voice.
- Tech-savvy - We're cutting-edge and you should be too, a familiarity with all things digital and media-oriented are a must, or you should at least be a quick study
- A flexible schedule - You'll need to be willing to work nights and weekends when we have concerts and events, after hours on occasion if the need should arise, and be willing to manage a crisis whenever it might occur
- A passion for classical music and general aesthetics - We work to bring beauty to a world that desperately needs it, so if that doesn't excite you then you're in the wrong place