Website Designer & Developer
We’re looking to hire a Website Designer & Developer to oversee our rapidly-expanding website wing. This will include building new sites, updating existing ones, managing the backend functions like hosting, domains, SEO, etc, and more.
Unison Media, based in New York City, is a market-leading, integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera and the performing arts can be promoted. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing. We also run a pair of concert series (The Crypt Sessions and The Angel’s Share) in a Crypt in Harlem and a Catacomb in Brooklyn, that have been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue. We work with a broad range of incredible artists, ensembles and organizations, and we have a great time doing it.
Unison is expanding! We’re looking to hire a Website Designer & Developer to oversee our rapidly-expanding website wing. This will include building new sites, updating existing ones, managing the backend functions like hosting, domains, SEO, etc, and more. We want someone who is versed in CSS, the basics of HTML, and various website builder platforms like Wordpress, Squarespace, Wix, Webflow, etc. We’re also looking for someone with a fantastic eye for design, who can create a doggone beautiful site, manipulate media via Photoshop, etc.
To apply, please submit a brief but awesome cover letter, plus your finest resumé, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will initially be part time, with a goal to quickly transition to full-time, with salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Developing and designing new websites using our custom platform
- Updating existing websites across our platform, and various others like Wordpress, Squarespace, Webflow, Wix
- DNS editing to push sites live, redirect sites, etc
- Managing domain registrations for our clients
- Limited SEO work for new and existing sites
- Education & Experience - Bachelor's degree plus minimum three years of relevant experience. You should be wicked smaht.
- Website development skillz – You should love the logic, structure, and beauty of a well-crafted website, and you should know CSS down cold. HTML is nice too, but not fully necessary for our site building needs.
- Masterful sense of design – You should be like the Picasso of web design – a flair for eye-catching visuals, confident typography, and the ability to make anything you touch look like magic.
- Laser-like attention to detail - You should be person who catches the little things that other people miss, especially when it comes to proofreading (did you catch the missing “the” at the start of this sentence? Good. Good for you.)
- Hyper-efficiency - you should get a thrill out of doing things in the quickest way possible. If you like keyboard shortcuts, you're going to do very well here
- Borderline-obsessive organization - Do you enjoy checking tasks off of your to do list? Does the word "workflow" perk your ears? You’re in the right place.
- Ability to multi-task - You're going to be keeping a lot of plates spinning at the same time, and you need to be comfortable staying on top of everything and keeping several different projects in your mind all at once
- Resourcefulness – Every day will present new adventures and challenges, and while you’ll have plenty of support in all that you do, we want someone who can learn how to learn, and become ever more capable of meeting future challenges on their own. Basically you should be like the classical music MacGyver (too young for the reference? Google it.)
- Insanely great communication skills - It should be a giddy pleasure to interact with you. People should jump out of bed each morning with a dizzying anticipation at the thought of hearing your sweet, sweet voice.
- Tech-savvy - We're cutting-edge and you should be too, a familiarity with all things digital and media-oriented are a must, or you should at least be a quick study
- A flexible schedule - You'll need to be willing to work nights and weekends when we have concerts and events, after hours on occasion if the need should arise, and be willing to manage a crisis whenever it might occur
- A passion for classical music and general aesthetics - We work to bring beauty to a world that desperately needs it, so if that doesn't excite you then you're in the wrong place