Publicity & Marketing Coordinator
We’re looking to bring on an entry-level position that will help keep our media relations and digital marketing operations running as smooth as butter!
Unison Media, based in New York City, is an award-winning, market-leading, integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera and the performing arts can be promoted. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing and more, with clients such as Gustavo Dudamel, Lawrence Brownlee, Joshua Bell, Jeremy Denk, J’Nai Bridges, Conrad Tao, the JACK Quartet, Warner Classics and many more. We also run a nonprofit concert series (Death of Classical) in a Crypt in Harlem and a Catacomb in Brooklyn, that has been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue. We’re changing the world of classical music, and having a great time doing it.
We’re looking to bring on an entry-level position that will help keep our media relations and digital marketing operations running as smooth as butter. This person will work across all elements of PR, social media, and websites, as well as various executional and administrative jobs - all of which are vital to keeping our well-oiled machine at maximum efficiency. You’ll work directly with the Account Managers to help them promote their artists, and will even take on a few artists of your own. This is a job for someone who’s motivated, organized, and resourceful, and who wants to gain a ton of skills and experience throughout all areas of our work – if that sounds interesting to you, then drop us a line!
To apply, send a brief but glorious cover letter and your finest resumé to email@example.com.
- Planning, writing, posting and monitoring for various client social media platforms
- Facilitating and managing any social media events like takeovers, livestreams, etc
- Managing and updating websites for our ongoing clients
- Graphic design and video editing work
- Writing and preparing press releases
- Organizing, maintaining, and updating our internal planning and asset storage systems
- Managing our media contact database
- Monitoring and clipping media placements, and creating coverage reports
- Building media lists and pitching our clients and projects to media
- Various administrative tasks
- Education & Experience - Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and a bit of working experience certainly wouldn’t hurt. Either way, you should be wicked smaht.
- A winning personality - There should be a radiant halo of sunshine and effervescent joy surrounding you.
- A passion for classical music and general aesthetics - We work to bring beauty to a world that desperately needs it, so if that doesn't excite you then you're in the wrong place my friend.
- Resourcefulness – Every day will present new adventures and challenges, and while you’ll have plenty of support in all that you do, we want someone who can learn how to learn, and become ever more capable of meeting future challenges on their own. Basically you should be like the classical music MacGyver (too young for the reference? Google it).
- Adaptability, and a desire to learn new skills – We are not your granddaddy’s PR firm. We incorporate a proprietary mix of traditional and digital media strategies and tactics that have brought us to the top of the industry in a few short years. We’re building the future, and in doing so we need to pivot and adapt in the directions where we find growth. So you need to be able to move like us if you want to be a fit…
- Insanely great communication skills - It should be a giddy pleasure to interact with you. People should jump out of bed each morning with a dizzying anticipation at the thought of hearing your sweet, sweet voice.
- Laser-like attention to detail - You should be person who catches the little things that other people miss, especially when it comes to proofreading (did you catch the missing “the” at the start of this sentence? Good. Good for you.).
- Hyper-efficiency - You should get a thrill out of doing things in the quickest way possible. If you like keyboard shortcuts, you're going to do very well here.
- Borderline-obsessive organization – Do you enjoy checking tasks off of your to do list? Does the word "workflow" perk your ears? You’re in the right place.
- Ability to multi-task - You're going to be keeping a lot of plates spinning at the same time, and you need to be comfortable staying on top of everything and keeping several different projects in your mind all at once.
- Tech-savvy - We're cutting-edge and you should be too, a familiarity with all things digital and media-oriented are a must, or you should at least be a quick study.
- A flexible schedule – We have a lot of concerts and events, and you need to be willing to work nights and weekends to help cover them. It can be intense at times, but at the same time, your *job* is to *listen to incredible music*…so it could be a lot worse.
- Social Media experience - The interwebs should fascinate you, and the power of social media should be something that inspires and energizes you (beyond just funny GIFs and cat photos).
- Website-building experience - Ideally you've had experience building websites, and maybe even have some CSS/HTML coding under your belt – though if not, you shall learn, young Padawan.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send Resumé and Glorious Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org