Unison Media, based in New York City, is a market-leading, integrated music company with a new vision of how classical music, opera and the performing arts can be promoted. Our work ranges from publicity and branding to websites, social media and digital marketing. We also run a pair of concert series (The Crypt Sessions and The Angel’s Share) in a Crypt in Harlem and a Catacomb in Brooklyn, that have been featured everywhere from The New York Times to NPR to Vogue. We work with a broad range of incredible artists, ensembles and organizations, and we have a great time doing it.
We're very excited to announce our new Apprenticeship program! Each apprentice will work hands-on with one of our Publicity & Marketing Account Managers, seeing first-hand how we approach PR, social media, branding, and marketing. Initially, you'll learn the ropes and handle more administrative duties, before gradually taking on more responsibilities.
This apprenticeship is paid, but requires a six-month commitment, working a flexible schedule of around 10-15 hours per week. Apprentices can be fully remote, as long as you have some availability during 10-6PM ET!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Publicity: Media monitoring and clipping, researching media targets, managing pitch lists, pitching media, writing press releases, creating reports, staffing events, updating internal planning calendar.
- Social Media: Writing copy, posting content, researching accounts and tags, design graphics, editing video, monitoring messages and comments, reviewing analytics.
- Marketing: Updating websites, editing bios, organizing photos, preparing promo materials.
- And so, so much more...
- Education & Experience - Whatever your education level, you should be wicked smaht...
- A winning personality - There should be a radiant halo of sunshine and effervescent joy surrounding you.
- A passion for classical music and general aesthetics - We work to bring beauty to a world that desperately needs it, so if that doesn't excite you then you're in the wrong place my friend.
- Resourcefulness – Every day will present new adventures and challenges, and while you’ll have plenty of support in all that you do, we want someone who can learn how to learn, and become ever more capable of meeting future challenges on their own. Basically you should be like the classical music MacGyver (too young for the reference? Google it).
- Adaptability, and a desire to learn new skills – We are not your granddaddy’s PR firm. We incorporate a proprietary mix of traditional and digital media strategies and tactics that have brought us to the top of the industry in a few short years. We’re building the future, and in doing so we need to pivot and adapt in the directions where we find growth. So you need to be able to move like us if you want to be a fit…
- Insanely great communication skills - It should be a giddy pleasure to interact with you. People should jump out of bed each morning with a dizzying anticipation at the thought of hearing your sweet, sweet voice.
- Laser-like attention to detail - You should be person who catches the little things that other people miss, especially when it comes to proofreading (did you catch the missing “the” at the start of this sentence? Good. Good for you.).
- Hyper-efficiency - You should get a thrill out of doing things in the quickest way possible. If you like keyboard shortcuts, you're going to do very well here.
- Borderline-obsessive organization – Do you enjoy checking tasks off of your to do list? Does the word "workflow" perk your ears? You’re in the right place.
- Ability to multi-task - You're going to be keeping a lot of plates spinning at the same time, and you need to be comfortable staying on top of everything and keeping several different projects in your mind all at once.
- Tech-savvy - We're cutting-edge and you should be too, a familiarity with all things digital and media-oriented are a must, or you should at least be a quick study.